Please see the June 4th Principal Bulletin. Topics include:
- New Faculty
- Changes in the Dress Code
- Student Council
- Report Cards
- The New School Year
Changes in the dress code are as follows:
A recent committee of parents and teachers reviewed the SJS Dress/Uniform Code and made a few recommendations for change. I want to thank them for the careful manner in which they reviewed the present code. They were particularly attentive to issues that they had learned from other parents and students. Following are the changes for the 2014 – 2015 school year:
- For Girls: Any style of St. Joseph plaid skirt will be permitted in ALL grades. This way parents may choose the style that best fits their daughter.
- For Girls: Any color or pattern of fleece pajama bottoms are permitted on cold weather days with the uniform, as students travel to and from school or for outside recess, as long as they are removed when they enter their classroom.
- For all students: Holiday socks are eliminated EXCEPT for the month of December when Christmas themed socks will be allowed. Socks for the rest of the school year must be PLAIN (no stripes, no logos, etc.) in the colors spelled out in the parent handbook.
- For all students: Students may choose either leather (leather like) dress shoes/school shoes in SOLID (not two toned) brown, (not tan), black or navy OR athletic shoes (like running, cross-training, or walking). All shoes must tie, Velcro, or buckle. No slip-ons, high-tops, Sperry’s or Sperry-style shoes.
- When in doubt, check with the school before you purchase.
Have a safe and blessed summer!