Attention Parents of 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Girls: Girls on the Run (GOTR) Growing Strong at St. Joseph School and Parish!
What Is GOTR? GOTR is a 10 week program for girls ages 8-12 years old, designed to promote positive self-esteem, build character and confidence, and strengthen peer relationships through running. The curriculum also has a physical fitness component that includes warm-ups, games and running workouts. “Running” is a term used loosely because girls can run, hop, skip, or walk if they choose! GOTR is a non-profit organization founded in 1996. There are now over 200 councils in 45 states and Canada.
- The 10 week fall session, open to all parishioner girls, begins in September and concludes with the annual GOTR 5K Event in November. Plans for the spring session 2014 will be announced at a later time.
- There are two meeting times available. GOTR Team #1 will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:30 PM and GOTR Team #2 will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 - 6 PM. Both teams will meet in Meeting Room 1 on the East Campus.
- Registration will be on a “first come--first served” basis for the first 15 girls per team.
- Fee for participation is $150. As a non-profit organization, GOTR offers scholarships for any family expressing a need.
- Register online at www.girlsontherunnwohio.org or contact parish nurse, Laurie Neary, for registration forms. Mrs. Neary may be reached in the Parish Center at 419-885-5791.