This week your children will bring home their parish offertory envelopes. We appreciate the opportunity to work together in teaching your children about the many gifts we have been given.
Here are some ideas of information to share with your children as you discuss this very special stewardship program.
- Remind your children that God has given each of us unique and special gifts.
- Suggest that your children take time each day to thank God for the many blessings He has given them.
- Remind your children of the importance to attend Mass every Sunday.
- Encourage your children to include their prayers for special intentions on their offertory envelopes.
- Encourage your children to include the time and talent they provided to others on their offertory envelopes.
- Encourage your children to give a portion of their allowance, gifts, or earnings to the Sunday offertory.
- Let your children know about the many ministries our parish is able to provide as a result of their generosity, such as our Comfort Blanket Ministry, Parish Loan Closet, Soup Kitchens, St. Vincent de Paul Society, and Joseph’s Meals.
- Inform your children that the parish also gives a portion of our earnings to help others, such as Heartbeat of Toledo, Sylvania Area Family Services, Exclaim, Habitat for Humanity, Fisher House, and Disaster Relief.
- Talk to your children about how they feel when they help someone.
- Tell your children how proud you are of them for sharing their time, talent, and treasure!